IMPORTANT: This plugin only works in correspondance with your website/theme if the theme doesn’t make use of a customized “variable.php”-template. Make sure to check before buying because I cannot issue a refund if this is the issue…! For more Information see the FAQ below.
IMPORTANT: At the moment the plugin only works for single product attributes – multiple attributes (f.ex. size & color combined) are not supported.
Now you can use your variations’ images instead of the basic WooCommerce dropdown field
The WooCommerce Variations Images-plugin will enable your WordPress-Shop to display the actual variation image instead of having to rely on a blunt dropdown-field.
Less clicks, better usability!
For you as webmaster / shop-owner / designer this means you can optimize the way your products display in your shop and reduce the hurdles of selecting the appropriate product for the user. No more need to select and switch between options that you cannot differentiate properly – the customer can now simply select the visible product variation with one click!
Improve your site’s design now and make higher conversion rates possible – you will be amazed at how much better your product pages look.
Live-Demo of the plugin
- Option to either show or disable the product variation title underneath the variation image
- Activate image variations on a per-product basis or enable the image variations for all products, allowing for utmost flexibility
- Based on the native WooCommerce functionality
- Enter your own custom CSS to modify the output directly in the WordPress backend
- Possibility to code your own template and change the way the variations images are being displayed (not included)
Please be aware that plugin currently only supports single product attributes – multiple attributes (f.ex. size & color combined) will not work…
All of the plugin’s options are described in the readme-file that ships with the plugin – please take a look at the screenshots to preview the option panels.
The plugin is installed and activated just like any other plugin – please refer to the WordPress docs for more information.
You need to have WooCommerce already installed for this plugin to work.
First of all: If you have got any (pre-sale) questions that are not answered in the FAQ then please feel free to reach out and comment here – we will try to answer your question asap and will include it in our FAQ for others as well if suitable.
Compatability of the plugin
Due to the plugin’s structure you have to check for compatability with your theme before purchasing! We make use of a custom template for variable products (single-product/add-to-cart/variable.php) and the plugin cannot function if your theme is actively overwriting this file on its own.
You can do this by navigating to the theme-folder and opening/accessing the woocommerce subfolder. From there you have to go to single-product / add-to-cart and if there is a file called variable.php then WooCommerce Variations Images will not be able to work since we have to make use of our own template in order to render the image variations.
Unfortunately there is no reasonable way of introducing the plugin’s functionality and still cater for the high level of different theme customizations because each theme is structured differently and it would be out of scope to offer compatiblity for all themes…
Also this plugin does not work in conjunction with or has known issues with the following plugins:
- WooCommerce GravityForms Product Forms
- WC Variations Radio Buttons
- WooCommerce Advanced Quantity
What are the minimum requirements for using this plugin?
Please make use the latest versions of WordPress and WooCommerce – the whole list of supported versions is available on this page as well (see sidebar / meta information).
How is this plugin supported?
We feel that this plugin is rather small in scope and the functionality is pretty much straight forward, thus there won’t be a lot of errors that can occur. That being said we are actively developing the plugin and will always try to ensure compatability with future versions of WordPress and WooCommerce.
If you are facing a problem then do report it in the comments and we will take a look. If something is severely wrong and cannot be solved by us then you will get your money back, 100%.
Having to support the plugin officially can mean a lot of effort for a small development team so please be patient while we are doing our best to sort things out.
These things are NOT supported (following the Envato guidelines):
- Item customization
- Installation of the item
- Hosting or server environment
Version 1.7 / 30.07.2019
- FIX: Fatal Error when setting for “variations count per row” is left empty
Version 1.6 / 27.06.2018
- FIX: Variation Images not showing if stock management active and backorders allowed / enabled
Version 1.5 / 19.01.2018
- FIX: Resolved JS conflict / loading issues on certain themes
- FIX: Minor fix for CSS ruleset
- ADD: Variations images now include alt- and title-tags for better SEO & usability
Version 1.4 / 26.12.2017
- FIX: Added specific CSS rule for image labels so they’re not overwritten by frameworks like Bootstrap
Version 1.3 / 10.04.2017
- UPDATE: Compatibility with WooCommerce 3.x
Version 1.2 – 27.01.2017
- FIX: Sanitize variation / attribute name (caused undefined indexing in product display)
Version 1.1 – 15.12.2016
- ADD: “DIV”-template can now be set to ‘responsive’ (renders full size images if < 544px)
- FIX: Standard variations not displaying correctly with “DIV”-template
- FIX: Display of taxonomy-based variations in table-template
Version 1.0 – 05.09.2016
- Initial release